Careers & Internships
Research and Policy Analyst
NIHCM Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic team player to join our small and collaborative office. The Research and Policy Analyst will assist in executing the Foundation’s programming and support NIHCM’s mission of improving the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the U.S. health care system.
Health Policy Research and Analysis
- Support the development and execution of NIHCM’s health policy webinar series
- Assist with the planning and development of NIHCM’s annual Capitol Hill Event
- Assist with background research for data visualizations
- Support additional policy products as needed
Grants and Awards Management Support
- Assist with the Research and Journalism Grants entry process and system
- Assist with annual review of grantee proposals
- Assist with the entry process for the Research and Journalism Awards
- Support the tracking and solicitation of award entries
- Assist with the planning and execution of the annual Awards Dinner
- Assist with managing social media accounts
- Support event outreach and advertising
- Assist with website updates and product mailings
Attend Health Care Events
- Represent NIHCM at health care events and briefings and share relevant content with the NIHCM team
- Assist with NIHCM’s audience database as needed
- Support event execution
- Bachelor’s degree combined with relevant work experience or Master’s degree in policy, public health, communications or related field
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to work as a member of a highly interactive team
- Interest in health care and health policy
About NIHCM Foundation
NIHCM Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to improving the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the U.S. health care system. We support high quality research, convene diverse health care stakeholders to spark ideas, and recognize excellence in research and journalism through awards and grants. NIHCM Foundation is the sister organization of NIHCM LLC. NIHCM LLC engages with chief executives, policymakers and policy experts as we support these leaders who seek to learn from each other and share insights on how to improve the health care system. Our office is conveniently located within walking distance of the Dupont Circle and Farragut West Metro stations. During the COVID-19 pandemic, employees will follow NIHCM Foundation guidelines regarding working remotely.
Salary commensurate with skills, education and experience. Excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; vacation, holiday, and sick leave; retirement plan; wellness benefit.
Send resume, cover letter and short writing sample (one to two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “NIHCM RPA Position.”
Please contact us for more information.