25th Annual Print Journalism Awards Process
- General Circulation Print Journalism Award
- Trade Journalism Award
A $20,000 prize was presented to the Print Journalism Award winner and a $15,000 prize to the Trade Publication winner at a dinner in Washington, DC on May 13, 2019.
- Articles must originally have been published during the calendar year 2018.
- General Circulation Print: Entries will be accepted from newspapers and magazines and their websites. Entries will also be accepted from independent news sites.
- Trade: Entries will be accepted from publications written for a specialty audience.
- Articles should be timely and produce new insights into health care financing and delivery or health care policy.
- Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Entry is free
- An individual may be listed as the primary contributor on no more than three (3) entries but may be listed as a co-contributor on additional entries
- An entry can be either a series or an individual piece of work
- New insights generated by the reporting
- Impact on health care policy
- Quality of reporting
- Relevance to one or both of the subject areas (financing and delivery of health care and/or the impact of health care policy)
- John Carreyrou, Investigative Reporter, The Wall Street Journal
- Ceci Connolly, President and CEO, Alliance of Community Health Plans, formerly with The Washington Post
- John Fauber, Medical Reporter, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, USA Today Network & Medpage Today
- John Iglehart, Founding Editor, Health Affairs
- Clifton Leaf, Editor in Chief, Fortune
- Fred Schulte, Senior Correspondent, Kaiser Health News