The Science of Happiness, Health & Well-being
Published on: April 03, 2020. Updated on: October 20, 2020.
About the Data Insights
Health, happiness and well-being are top of mind for many as we progress through these uncertain times. This new NIHCM Data Insights explores the science of happiness, highlights the critical role that happiness plays in your health and well-being, and provides key insights into how you can boost your happiness through intentional actions and strengthened social connections. By understanding the science of happiness, we can begin to identify ways in which we can all move toward a place of greater contentment and emotional well-being.
Happiness Definition: Dr. Emiliana Simon-Thomas speaking on the NIHCM webinar, “The Science of Well-being & Why it Matters,” March 27, 2019.
Happiness Can Be Boosted:
- Dr. Laurie Santos presenting "How to be Happy" at the National Council for Behavioral Health meeting, May 16, 2019.
- Kennon M. Sheldon & Sonja Lyubomirsky (2019). Revisiting the Sustainable Happiness Model and Pie Chart: Can Happiness Be Successfully Pursued?, The Journal of Positive Psychology.
- Lyubomirsky, S. (2007). The how of happiness: A scientific approach to getting the life you want. Penguin Press.
Chart on Happiness Factors Interpreted from: Andrew Steptoe, “Happiness and Health.” Annual Review of Public Health. First published as a Review in Advance on January 2, 2019. Volume publication date, April 2019.
- Exploring the Link Between Health and Happiness, Psychology Today, February 2019.
- “Six Ways Happiness is Good for Your Health,” The Greater Good Magazine: Science-based Insights for a Meaningful Life.
Boosting Happiness: Dr. Emiliana Simon-Thomas speaking on the NIHCM webinar, “The Science of Well-being & Why it Matters,” March 27, 2019.
More Related Articles
See More on: Behavioral Health