NIHCM Foundation Research Grants
NIHCM Foundation is making up to $150,000 available to support investigator-initiated research with high potential to inform improvements to the U.S. health care system by reducing health spending growth, enhancing quality, and/or expanding access to health insurance and health care services. Projects must advance existing knowledge in the areas of health care financing, delivery, management and/or policy.
We will support two to three projects in 2014.
Winning studies will be selected using the following process:
- All interested researchers must submit a three-page letter of inquiry outlining their study idea by 5:00 PM EDT, July 19, 2013.
- Full (10-page) proposals will be invited from a small number of applicants in September 2013.
- Winners will be notified in late 2013.
- Description of the Grant Program
- Requirements for Letter of Inquiry
- Draft Requirements for Full Proposal
- Projects Selected in the 2012-2013 Funding Cycle
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why is NIHCM making this research support available?
- How much support will be available and how many awards will be made?
- Who may apply for these grants?
- What time frame is expected for the funded studies?
- What is the application process and timeline?
- How do I submit a letter of inquiry? What information must be included?
- What information will be required as part of the full proposal?
- What criteria will be used to select the winning studies?
- What types of expenses are permitted in the project budget?
- May I speak with anyone from NIHCM about these grants?