The application window for the 30th Annual Investigative and General Reporting Award is now open! Applications will close on January 31, 2024.
Don't miss our Journalism Grants.Find Out More
10th Annual Data-Driven Storytelling Award Process
(formerly Digital Media Award)
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
Have questions about our Data-Driven Storytelling Award?Award FAQ
- Entries must originally have been published in 2023.
- Entry is limited to articles featuring digital content produced specifically for an online audience, which may include video, graphics and/or multimedia. If digital content is not central to your story, please view the eligibility criteria for our Investigative and General Reporting.
- Entries should not be largely the same as stories that ran in print publications or that were broadcast on television or radio.
- Entries must examine issues related to health or the health care system.
- Entries that express policy preferences will be considered only if supported with a citation of empirical evidence.
- Entries will be accepted from news sites, independent blogs, newspapers or journals, and blogs associated with universities or other organizations.
- Deadline: January 31, 2024.
- Entry is free
- Limit two entries per entrant
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are: linked by topic or produced by the same author or by a collaborative team of authors
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are linked by topic and the articles can be recognized as a series.
- Influential in terms of: 1. sparking policy change, 2. broadly informing the public, and/or 3. stimulating conversation on timely issues
- Effective use of the unique powers and attributes of digital media
- The digital content should be the focus of the story and the central storytelling tool.
- Logical, clear, and insightful analysis
- Uses credible evidence to substantiate ideas