The application window for the 30th Annual Television and Audio Award is now closed.
Don't miss our Journalism Grants.Find Out More
17th Annual Television and Audio Journalism Award Process
(formerly Television and Radio Journalism Award)
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
Have questions about our Television and Audio Journalism Award?Award FAQ
- Entries must originally have aired during calendar year 2023.
- Entry can be either an individual story or a series
- Stories must be advertised and disseminated as an official series in order to be submitted as one entry
- Entries will be accepted from staff employees of national or local news organizations, nationally-distributed cable programs, online streaming platforms or from freelance journalists who have produced reports disseminated by same
- Online stories will be accepted if produced for and disseminated originally on the web in affiliation with a television or radio news organization, or through an online streaming platform
- No single submission can be longer than 3 hours. If your entry is longer than 3 hours, please select 3 hours to submit
- Deadline: January 31, 2024.
- Entry is free
- Limit three entries per entrant
- Applicants must submit a URL link to their piece or series. Please contact Tiara Bidjou at tbidjou[at]nihcm.org if you are unable submit or have any questions.
- New insights and fresh perspectives generated by the reporting
- Influential journalism that sparks health policy change and/or builds public awareness
- Quality of storytelling