We are now accepting applications for the 8th Annual Digital Media Award. Entries will be accepted through January 31st.
Don't miss our Journalism Grants.Find Out More
8th Annual Digital Media Award Process
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
Have questions about our Digital Media Award?Award FAQ
- Entries must originally have been published in 2021.
- Entry is limited to articles featuring digital content produced specifically for an online audience, which may include video, graphics and/or multimedia. If digital content is not central to your story, please view the eligibility criteria for our General Circulation Award.
- Entries should not be largely the same as stories that ran in print publications or that were broadcast on television or radio.
- Entries must examine issues related to health or the health care system.
- Entries that express policy preferences will be considered only if supported with citation of empirical evidence.
- Entries will be accepted from news sites, independent blogs, newspapers or journals, and blogs associated with universities or other organizations.
- Deadline Extended: January 31, 2022
- Entry is free
- Limit two entries per entrant
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are: linked by topic or produced by the same author or by a collaborative team of authors
An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are linked by topic and the articles can be recognized as a series.
- Influential in terms of: 1. sparking policy change, 2. broadly informing the public and/or 3. stimulating conversation on timely issues
- Effective use of the unique powers and attributes of digital media
- The digital content should be the focus of the story and the central storytelling tool.
- Logical, clear and insightful analysis
- Uses credible evidence to substantiate ideas