Winners were announced on April 20th. The next awards application cycle will open in December.
Don't miss our Journalism Grants.Find Out More
7th Annual Digital Media Award Process
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
Have questions about our Digital Media Award?Award FAQ
- Entries must originally have been published in 2020.
- Entry is limited to digital content produced specifically for an online audience, which may include video, graphics and/or multimedia.
- Entries should not be largely the same as stories that ran in print publications or that were broadcast on television or radio.
- Entries must examine issues related to health or the health care system.
- Entries that express policy preferences will be considered only if supported with citation of empirical evidence.
- Entries will be accepted from news sites, independent blogs, blogs or verticals associated with newspapers or journals, and blogs associated with universities or other organizations.
- Deadline Extended: January 22, 2021
- Entry is free
- Limit two entries per entrant
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are: linked by topic or produced by the same author or by a collaborative team of authors
- Each entry should include no more than four posts, which may be a sample of a more extensive published series. The judges may review additional posts at their discretion.
- Influential in terms of: 1. sparking policy change, 2. broadly informing the public and/or 3. stimulating conversation on timely issues
- Effective use of the unique powers and attributes of digital media
- Logical, clear and insightful analysis
- Uses credible evidence to substantiate ideas