Winners were announced on April 20th. The next awards application cycle will open in December.
Don't miss our Journalism Grants.Find Out More
14th Annual Television and Radio Journalism Award Process
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
Have questions about our Television and Radio Journalism Award?Award FAQ
- Entries must originally have aired during calendar year 2020
- Entry can be either an individual story or a series
- Stories must be advertised and disseminated as an official series in order to be submitted as one entry
- Entries will be accepted from staff employees of national or local news organizations, nationally-distributed cable programs, online streaming platforms or from freelance journalists who have produced reports disseminated by same
- Online stories will be accepted if produced for and disseminated originally on the web in affiliation with a television or radio news organization, or through an online streaming platform
- Deadline Extended: January 22, 2021
- Entry is free
- Limit three entries per entrant
- Applicants must submit a URL link to their piece or series. Please contact Josh Hamburg at jhamburg[at]nihcm.org if you are unable submit a link to your entry.
- New insights generated by the reporting
- Impact on health care policy
- Quality of writing and production