The application window for the 15th Annual Health Care Television and Radio Journalism Award has now closed. Finalists will be announced in March 2022. Winners will be announced in the early spring.
Don't miss our Journalism Grants.Find Out More
15th Annual Television and Radio Journalism Award Process
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
Have questions about our Television and Radio Journalism Award?Award FAQ
- Entries must originally have aired during calendar year 2021
- Entry can be either an individual story or a series
- Stories must be advertised and disseminated as an official series in order to be submitted as one entry
- Entries will be accepted from staff employees of national or local news organizations, nationally-distributed cable programs, online streaming platforms or from freelance journalists who have produced reports disseminated by same
- Online stories will be accepted if produced for and disseminated originally on the web in affiliation with a television or radio news organization, or through an online streaming platform
- Deadline: January 31, 2022
- Entry is free
- Limit three entries per entrant
- Applicants must submit a URL link to their piece or series. Please contact Josh Hamburg at jhamburg[at]nihcm.org if you are unable submit or have any questions.
- New insights and fresh perspectives generated by the reporting
- Influential journalism that sparks health policy change and/or builds public awareness
- Quality of storytelling