Television and Radio Journalism Award
The NIHCM Foundation Health Care Television and Radio Journalism Award recognizes excellence in television and radio reporting on health care issues and policy.
The application window for the 16th Annual Health Care Television and Radio Journalism Award has now closed! Finalist will be announced and notified this spring!
Don't miss our Journalism Grants.Find Out More
16th Annual Television and Radio Journalism Award Process
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
Have questions about our Television and Radio Journalism Award?Award FAQ
- Entries must originally have aired during calendar year 2022.
- Entry can be either an individual story or a series
- Stories must be advertised and disseminated as an official series in order to be submitted as one entry
- Entries will be accepted from staff employees of national or local news organizations, nationally-distributed cable programs, online streaming platforms or from freelance journalists who have produced reports disseminated by same
- Online stories will be accepted if produced for and disseminated originally on the web in affiliation with a television or radio news organization, or through an online streaming platform
- Deadline: January 31, 2023.
- Entry is free
- Limit three entries per entrant
- Applicants must submit a URL link to their piece or series. Please contact Josh Hamburg at jhamburg[at]nihcm.org if you are unable submit or have any questions.
- New insights and fresh perspectives generated by the reporting
- Influential journalism that sparks health policy change and/or builds public awareness
- Quality of storytelling
Television Commentator, GBH; Radio Commentator, NPR; former Health and Medicine Producer, 20/20, ABC News
President and Chief Executive Officer, America's Physician Groups, former Health Correspondent, NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, PBS
Freelance editor, formerly NPR
StonePhillipsReports.com; formerly Dateline NBC Anchor
Alice Irene Pifer
Co-Producer, Beyond Hoarding Documentary; Co-Editor, The Authentic Voice: The Best Reporting on Race and Ethnicity; former Producer, ABC News
Robin Toner Distinguished Fellow, Kaiser Family Foundation, and Chief Washington Correspondent, Kaiser Health News
Senior Coordinating Producer, Medical Unit, NBC News