We will be opening the entry system in early December for the next round of awards. Sign up for our mailing list below to receive updates.
Don't miss our Journalism Grants.Find Out More
13th Annual Television and Radio Journalism Award Process
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
Have questions about our Television and Radio Journalism Award?Award FAQ
- Entries must originally have aired during calendar year 2019
- Entry can be either an individual story or a series
- Stories must be advertised and disseminated as an official series in order to be submitted as one entry
- Entries will be accepted from staff employees of national or local news organizations, nationally-distributed cable programs, online streaming platforms or from freelance journalists who have produced reports disseminated by same
- Online stories will be accepted if produced for and disseminated originally on the web in affiliation with a television or radio news organization, or through an online streaming platform
- Deadline: February 3, 2020
- Entry is free
- Limit three entries per entrant
- Applicants must submit a URL link to their piece or series. Please contact Josh Hamburg at jhamburg[at]nihcm.org if you are unable submit a link to your entry.
- New insights generated by the reporting
- Impact on health care policy
- Quality of writing and production
June 22, 2020
Winners of the 26th Annual NIHCM Awards and $1 Million in Grants Announced
NIHCM is delighted to hold a virtual celebration to honor our 2020 Award Winners. Our 26th Annual Awards continue NIHCM’s tradition of saluting exceptional journalists and researchers whose evidence-based work advances and transforms our knowledge of health care.Read More